| Season 6, episode # 4|
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Air date||September 29, 1975|
|Production code||601 (6x04)|
|Written by:||Bill Davenport & Lou Derman|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:|| Lori Shannon|
|IMDb:||Archie the Hero|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Archie the Donor"||"Mike's Pains"|
|"Archie the Hero"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Archie arrives home from his part-time cab driving job proudly announcing that he provided CPR to a female passenger who lost consciousness in the back seat of his taxi. Archie gushes when she tracks him down and visits him at home to pay the cab fare along with a very generous "thank you" tip. Word gets out and Archie is labeled a "hero". Mr. Munson arranges for press coverage and a reward as an opportunity to freely publicize his taxi service. However, Archie is less-than-willing to speak of the good deed to anyone after the "woman" reveals herself to him as a female impersonator!
- This episode features the first appearance of female impersonator Lori Shannon in the role of drag performer Beverly LaSalle. Shannon made a few more appearances over the next year, until the character was killed off the following season.
- Sally Struthers does not appear in this episode.
- Sandy Kenyon makes a guest appearance as newspaper photographer/journalist Jim Kitchener.
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic (credited only)