All In The Family charactersEdit
This is the list of main and supporting characters from the All In The Family television series.
- Archie Bunker (Carroll O'Connor)- cantankerous, somewhat boorish, prejudiced, ignorant Queens loading dock foreman and part-time weekend taxicab driver. Despite his bigotry ways, he is not motivated by malice. Though he doesn't show it, he genuinely loves his daughter, wife, grandson, and even his son-in-law despite constanty arguments
- Edith Bunker (Jean Stapleton)- long-suffering, honest, nice, somewhat ditzy wife of Archie who has a heart of gold; housewife, also a working volunteer at the Sunshine Home for the Aged in later episodes.
- Gloria Bunker-Stivic (Sally Struthers) - Archie and Edith's daughter who appears in seasons 1-8. She appears to be a mix of both her parents with the kind nature of her mother but the stubborness of her father.
- Michael Stivic (Rob Reiner) - Gloria's husband, Archie's liberal-minded son-in-law, who Archie often refers to as "Meathead", who appears in seasons 1-8. While good-hearted and well-meaning, he can be just as if not more stubborn and opinionated than Archie.
- Stephanie Mills (Danielle Brisebois) - Edith's grandniece, who first appears in seasons 8-9; continues on in the series Archie Bunker's Place.
- Lionel Jefferson (Mike Evans) - son of George and Louise Jefferson. the black next-door neighbors, in seasons 1-4.
- Louise Jefferson (Isabel Sanford) - wife of George and mother of Lionel Jefferson. the black next-door neighbors, in seasons 1-4.
- Henry Jefferson (Mel Stewart) - loudmouthed, opinionated brother of George Jefferson and Louise Jefferson's brother-in-law, equally as bigoted as Archie, appears in seasons 1-3.
- George Jefferson (Sherman Hemsley) - next-door neighbor, loudmouthed, opinionated husband of Louise and father of Lionel Jefferson, local dry cleaner & owner of Jefferson Cleaners, Archie's arch enemy, prejudiced like his brother Henry, appears in seasons 3-4.
- Harry Snowden (Jason Wingreen) - bartender at Kelcy's Bar, then at re-christened Archie Bunker's Place, friend and fellow lodge member or Archie's.
- Barney Hefner (Allan Melvin) - neighbor, best friend and fellow lodge member of Archie's, in seasons 3-9.
- Irene Lorenzo (Betty Garrett) - neighbor, a friend of Edith's and nemesis of Archie's, eventually a co-worker of Archie's on the loading platform at Pendergast Tool & Die Company, in seasons 3-5.
- Frank Lorenzo (Vincent Gardenia) - neighbor, Irene's liberal husband, appears in seasons 3-5.
- Maude Findlay (Beatrice Arthur) - Edith's opinionated, outspoken liberal cousin, Archie's political view nemesis; appears in two episodes during seasons 1-2.
- Walter Findlay (Bill Macy) - husband of Maude who appears in episodes featuring other "Maude-related" characters.
- Mildred "Boom Boom" Turner (Gloria LeRoy) - middle-aged, buxom, sexy blond waitress at Kelcy's Bar / Archie Bunker's Place, in seasons 4-7.
- Teresa Betancourt (Liz Torres) - a hospital worker and boarder/tenant in the Bunker home, in season 7.
- Bert Munson (Billy Halop) - a taxicab driver & owner of Munson's Cab Service, in seasons 2 - 6.
- Beverly La Salle (Lori Shannon) - a transvestite entertainer who appeared in three episodes in seasons 6-7.
- Pinky Peterson (Eugene Roche) - practical-joking friend of Archie and fellow lodge member in seasons 6-.
- Tommy Kelsey ( or "Kelcy") (Bob Hastings) - bartender & owner of Kelcy's Bar in seasons 1-8.
- Hank Pivlik (Danny Dayton) - friend of Archie's and fellow lodge member, co-worker at Pendergast Tool & Die Company; in seasons 6-9.
- Jerome "Stretch" Cunningham (James Cromwell) - a tall, somewhat dim-witted appearing, joke-telling loading dock co-worker of Archie's at Pendergast; in season 5.