| Season 4, episode # 3|
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Air date||September 29, 1973|
|Production code||405 (4x03)|
|Written by:||Don Nicholl|
|Directed by:||John Rich and Bob LaHendro|
|Guest starring:|| Burt Mustin|
|IMDb:||Edith Finds an Old Man|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"We're Still Having a Heat Wave"||"Archie and the Kiss"|
|"Edith Finds an Old Man"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Running away from a restrictive nursing home, Justin accepts Edith's invitation to temporarily move in with the Bunkers, which elicits the anticipated reaction from Archie.
- Burt Mustin makes his first series appearance in the role of feisty octogenarian Justin Quigley (a character that would become a recurring one on the series and, at age 82, was seven years younger than Mustin!).
- Ruth McDevitt likewise makes her first appearance as Justin's geriatric sweetheart,Josephine 'Jo' Nelson.
- Mr. Quigley makes a reference to Sam Ervin. Ervin was, at age 77, head of the Senate Select Committee to Investigate Campaign Practices, also known as the Senate Watergate Committee, that led to the resignation of Richard Nixon.
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic
No special guest stars in this episode.