Harvey Lembeck (April 15, 1923 – January 5, 1982) appeared as Wally, a lodge buddy of Archie's who, along with the other buddies and Marabel, (Jonelle Allen), a stewardess his date, play a practical joke on Archie in the episode titled "Archie's Other Wife" in Season eight of All In The Family.
A gifted comedic actor, Harvey is perhaps best remembered for his role as Cpl. Rocco Barbella on The Phil Silvers Show (a.k.a. Sgt. Bilko) in the late 1950s, and as the stumbling, overconfident outlaw biker Eric Von Zipper in beach party movies during the 1960s. He also turned in noteworthy performances in both the stage and screen versions of Stalag 17. He was the father of actor/director Michael Lembeck and actress Helaine Lembeck.
Lembeck continued to perform and teach up until his death from a heart attack on January 5, 1982. He was performing in an episode of Mork and Mindy when he took ill, collapsed and died. In an interview taped shortly before his own death in 1985, Phil Silvers said he was shocked and saddened by the untimely death of Lembeck, and missed him terribly.
- Mister Roberts (2/18/48; Alvin Theatre) - Insigna. Also appearing: Karl Lukas, Tige Andrews, Murray Hamilton (all from The Phil Silvers Show)
- Stalag 17 (5/8/51, 472 performances). Also appearing: Robert Strauss, Allan Melvin, Bob Shawley (all from The Phil Silvers Show; Strauss and Lembeck appeared in the filmed version)
- Wedding Breakfast (11/20/54-2/26/55, 113 performances, 48th Street Theatre) - Norman
- Phoenix '55 (with Nancy Walker)
- Oklahoma! (3/19/58-3/30/58; 16 performances, New York City Center)—Ali Hakim
- Man of La Mancha—Sancho Panza (touring company, also performed at the White House for President Lyndon B. Johnson)
- ↑ Interview taken from Sgt. Bilko - 50th Anniversary Edition (The Phil Silvers Show) DVD