| Season 3, episode # 8|
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Air date||November 4, 1972|
|Production code||310 (3x8)|
|Written by:||Michael Ross & Bernie West|
|Directed by:||John Rich|
|Guest starring:||None in episode|
|IMDb:||Mike Comes into Money|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"The Bunkers and the Swingers"||"Flashback: Mike and Gloria's Wedding (Part 1)"|
|"Mike Comes into Money"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
In this episode the ball starts rolling when Mike unexpectedly receives a 200-dollar inheritance. Archie wants Mike to hand over the money for household expenses. Instead, liberal Mike donates the 200 dollars to the presidential campaign of George McGovern.
"Mike Comes Into Money" was originally telecast on November 4, 1972 -- three days before McGovern lost to incumbent Richard Nixon (bad news for Mike, perhaps, but a bottomless source of satirical material for the series!).
- Archie: Look at this water bill - eighty dollars! My luck I got the only Polack (referring to Mike) that showers regular.
- Archie: Do you hear your daughter turning on her father that way? Twenty-two years, I've never heard her open her yap like that!
- Edith: Well, she's just sticking up for her husband!
- Archie: Ahhh! For the live of me, I'll never understand women. The way they marry some guy who always makes a fool of himself... but still they *love* him!
- Edith: That's right, Archie.
- Gloria: Well, what do you want me to do?
- Edith: [Screeching] I don't know! All I know is you ruined your father's dinner!
- Gloria: I said I was sorry! Well, excuse me for living!
- Archie: What is all the hollerin' out here?
- Gloria: Nothing!
- Archie: For a minute I thought I was in the back room of a Greek restaurant!
- Mike: Here's a dime, Arch.
- Archie: Aah, that won't pay for all of your showers.
- Mike: No, but it'll pay for yours!
Cast (in credits order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic