| Season 6, episode # 1|
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Air date||September 8, 1975|
|Production code||605 (6x01)|
|Written by:||Hal Kanter|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:||Betty Garrett|
|IMDb:||The Very Moving Day|
|« Previous||Next »|
| "Mike Makes His Move" |
(Season 5 finale)
|"Alone at Last"|
The Very Moving Day was the season premiere episode of the sixth season and the 109th overall episode of All in the Family. It first aired on CBS-TV on September 8, 1975. Written by Hal Kanter, it was directed by Paul Bogart.
|"The Very Moving Day"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
The night before they are to move out into their own home, Gloria arrives home with the news that she is pregnant. Mike becomes upset at the thought of raising a child they had not planned on having.
As Mike and Gloria prepare for their move out of the Bunker house, Gloria has some good news as she shares with her parents that she is going to have a baby. However, when she tells Mike, he is not as enthusiastic due to his feelings about bringing up a child in a world full of problems and it eventually leads to a fight between the two. Mike then storms out of the house and Gloria is so distraught that she even considers taking a drastic step to save her marriage.
- Edith Bunker: [Comes up the stairs from the basement] Mike! I found some more packing boxes for you!
- Mike: Ah, thanks Ma.
- Archie: Aw, look at this. Hey, now you got a matching set of Polock luggage!
- Mike: When I move outta here tomorrow I'm gonna feel like a guy who just served a 5-year sentence!
- Archie: Aw jeez, some tough sentence. Free room & board and sleeping with the warden's daughter!
This was the first episode taped at Metromedia Square in Hollywood.
Cast (in credits order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael "Meathead" Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic